A Trial Version of Persephone for Windows is Open for Download
We released a trial version of Persephone for Windows. It has many more features than the web version. In fact, it is a full production version with just a couple of features temporarily disabled. We plan to enable the rest of the functionality later this month. Please visit http://persephonesoft.com/installation to see the installation instructions.
The data set has many plant genomes from public sources:
- Arabidopsis thaliana (TAIR10)
- Brachypodium distachyon (Bd21)
- Brassica napus (Chalhoub et. al 2014)
- Glycine max (Wm82.a2.v1)
- Medicago truncatula (Mt4.0)
- Oryza sativa ssp. indica (ASM465v1.28)
- Oryza sativa ssp. japonica (IRGSP-1.0.25, MSU_osa1r7)
- Solanum licopersicum (SL2.40)
- Sorghum bicolor (Sbi1)
- Zea mays (B73 RefGen_v1, B73 RefGen_v2).
When compared, they show a good synteny. For example, try to align sorghum and rice (Oryza sativa japonica) genomes. Sorghum chromosome 3 aligns nicely with rice chromosome 1. You can also see a genome duplication between sorghum and corn.
We also added the human and mouse genomes, just in case you are not so much interested in plants.
This page should give you a good quick start. Please let us know what you think. Thank you